Lol, remember how I said I was going to start being on top of my posts? Life has been so hectic that I’ve barely had a chance to sit down and catch my breath. Or even watch all the tv shows and Youtube videos that I need to catch up on! (Yes. It’s a very big deal.) So, because I’m probably going to continuously post my monthly roundups late, I decided to mesh June & July into a giant blob of memories. If you make it to the end, you’re a true friend.
One of the main things that happened during the month of June was my week long vacation I took with my friends to Delaware. This was the first vacation I’ve taken with just a bunch of friends, with a house we rented with our own money , making our own dinner — doin’ real adult things! Despite the various shit shows and our creepy haunted house, it was a great week surrounded by great people.
June was also the month where I really started shooting more for Small Girls. First was the Skinny Bitch loft party in celebration of the Skinny Bitch in Love book launch. The night was filled with a mock bake sale photo booth, a vegan cookie decorating contest, and delicious vegan food catered by Wild. This was my first taste into what a Small Girls party was like and I fell in love.
The weekend after the Skinny Bitch party, I made my way back into Brooklyn to help Carley shoot a video promoting Portovelo shoes for her blog. I’m still trying to get better at shooting video, but our little adventure around NY was a lot of fun. Check out the video below!
It wasn’t until I looked at my planner that I realized that July was a pretty hectic month! Right off the bat, I shot a Book/Website Launch for Paul Angone and Jenny Blake respectively. Funny enough, I ended the month shooting another event — this time an Opportunity Mixer. I got both gigs through NY Creative Interns. I absolutely love the company, the events they host and the people I meet there. I’m so grateful to have the opportunity to work with them.
The NYCIntern events weren’t the only ones I got to shoot this month. I also got the opportunity to shoot more Small Girls events! On the 18th, I shot the Tortoise and Blonde launch party. This event was one of my favorites. The glasses were super cute to try on, the people there were so much fun to talk to and the drinks were surprisingly amazing. Spiced rum & sweet tea — who woulda thought!
Exactly one week from the T&B launch, I photographed the Drawquest pizza party Small Girls hosted. Seeing everyone’s drawings on the corkboard at the end of the night was definitely super inspiring. The guests that came and participated were so ridiculously talented. It really makes me wish I had an iPad to download the app!
Another big event during July was the Mad Decent Block Party in Philly! I honestly can’t even begin to express how much fun it was. I came into it a little nervous because of some unresolved drama between friends, but once we all got there, it was all about the music and the dancing and the company. I couldn’t ask for a better group of friends.
And as usual, a mini compilation of events that don’t require a full on paragraph.
1. Makerbot opened their factory in Sunset Park. 2. Father’s Day at Joe’s Crab Shack! 3. Porta with the prettiest girls I know. 4. Drove to Philly to pick up these fools from the airport!
9. Took some photos for Bianca‘s blog. 10. Kiwi baby came to NY & surprised us! ❤ 11. Jersey Boys with Exaaa. 12. Asian trifecta on the East Village Walking Tour.
17. Went rock climbing with Small Girls! 18. This is what happens when you host a carnival at SVA. 19. Took the Precollege kids to Madame Tussads & didn’t throw up this time! ;P 20. My photo studio was turned into more offices at work so now I’m forced to make due with what I got.. aka setting up a photo booth in a tiny ass phone booth.
21. National Tequila Day is the best. 22. Especially when it’s followed by ridiculousness in Tequela’s room. 23. Went to the Rain Room at MoMA with the booski. 24. I’m secretly hoping Oddfellows Tuesday becomes a thing because I’m obsessed.
25. SVA family dinner! ❤ 26. Glitter tattoos!
So there you have it. June and July in a (very extended) nutshell. I need to figure out a better way to do this..